Sure wish you would erase "YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE" and insert a real
subject; the "YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE" thread is HUGE.

  Explain what you mean about not being able to open a blank text document. Are
you saying that when you have opened OpenOffice and click on NEW that you are
unable to select Text Document?

Guy Voets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  2007/8/3, Brian Fletcher :
> Hello,
>
> I was having trouble downloading attachments to e-mails however I down loaded
> the up to date version of openoffice.org and can now retrieve attachments.
>
> I cannot however open an openoffice org Text blank document.
>
> Can you help me please.
>
> Brian Fletcher
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Normally it would simply be File > New > Text document (shortcut: Ctrl-N)
Some more info would help us help, Brian... what Operating System,
version, what version of OpenOffice.org,...
--
Guy
-- please reply only to users@openoffice.org --