On 08/07/2007 04:07 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/03/2007 11:45 PM, Callum Coats wrote:
>> Dear Sir or Madam,
>>
>> I've just downloaded and installed yesterday what must be your latest
>> version of Open Office (OpenOffice.org 2.2).
>>
>> All my recent writings, correspondence and spreadsheets have been
>> written on my old, now defunct computer, using Microsoft MS Works.
>> While I can access my spreadsheets OK, I cannot access any text files
>> with the .wps extension. This is a huge problem and so I ask how I
>> can overcome it quickly, as I am presently unable to retrieve any of
>> my earlier data in any useful or readable fashion and need to do so
>> urgently.
>>
>> Looking forward to your early respopnse,
>>
>> Yours faithfully,
>>
>> Callum Coats
>
> First convert them to Word, and then you will be able to open them in
> OpenOffice. Here is a link for a Works to Word converter from MS:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B9E11E83-F51B-4977-B572-8C042DF802C1&displaylang=en>
> or
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/6pl6t
>
> You can also check here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/default.mspx
>  http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/downloads.mspx
>
> It appears that you are not subscribed to this mailing list. Please
> consider subscribing so that you can see responses to your post, see:
> http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html for information on how to do
> this. Please only reply to users@openoffice.org
>
> cc'd to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Follow-up. Callum managed to get his files converted:

<quote>
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for your help and advice about retrieving  files
with a .wps extension. I was still able to access Works on my old
computer and was thus able (over the last two days) laboriously to
convert all my .wps files to Word .doc files. My joy was complete when I
was able to access them with OpenOffice. Hooraaay!
</quote>

Welcome to OOo Callum :-)