[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> By mistake two versions of openoffice were downloaded.  I want the  newer
> version 2.2, but the computer thinks I want the older on because it is the
> last
> one downloaded.  What should I do?  Thanks,  Oonah
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Did you install both?  If so and you selected that version to be the
default application, you will get the older version when you click on
the file icon.  Is this what's happening?  Your question is a bit
vague.  If this is the case, you can uninstall the older version and the
files will then be associated with the new one.