On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:25:35 EDT
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> After many many hours (dial up) of downloading openoffice..106 MB  to be
> precise..I am told the file is damaged or corrupt...because of the length  of
> time
> it took to download this program..I was not at my computer at the end of  the
> download..would that have made a difference?
>
> I realize that today Thursday August 9 you are servicing your
> website..should I attempt to download the whole thing again at a later
> date?..or  do you
> have a solution for my dilemma?

There are many reasons for a corrupt download, starting with your
connection through your ISP. Your not being at your computer should
have nothing to do with it, but it is possible that your computer may
have terminated the connection. On dialup systems, especially,  the
system can disconnect automatically. This can be a setting on your
system, or even with your ISP. I suggest you restart the download and
try to monitor it.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group