2007/8/13, Alvair Bueno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> *I am using version 2.2 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :
>
> I've instaled OpenOffice in Mac OS X using the default language to
> instalation (english – US).
>
> How can I configure Writer to recognize the keyboard configuration of
> Brazilian Portuguese (ABNT-2) or U.S. International? Re-installig the
> program version of my native language could solve this problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alvair Reis – Brazil.

Hello,

The http://www.broffice.org site doesn't propose a Mac version... but
there is a Brazilian version available (Release Candidate, not a fully
tested and stable version) at
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/2.2.1rc3_20070601
the first two links are for the Intel and the PPC version in Brazilian
Portuguese.

(You might also try the Aqua test version, not for production work but
already quite reliable:
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/SRC680_m224 -
look for PPC or Intel and Aqua pt_BR)

On my Powerbook, with the Dutch version of OpenOffice.org installed
(OOo 2.2 RC 4) I chose the keyboard layout/language in the top right
menu (or Country Settings, I have a small flag there indicating which
country setting is active). OpenOffice.org simply accepts the keyboard
settings of the Operating System.
(Normally, you can switch in Mac from one country/language setting to
another with Apple-space, but under X11 this doesn't seem to work)

I have Dutch, UK English and Brazilian Portuguese dictionaries
installed, and made corresponding styles to have text recognised as
Dutch, UK English or Brazilian Portuguese. The style determines which
dictionary is used to check spelling.

Hope this helps
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger