G'day

I have a A4-Tech Mouse with two wheels. One for vertical scrolling and one for horizontal scrolling. M$ supports both, OO and my favourite Browser Opera don't. It is not the fault of the driver but the fault of the software they say at A4tech.

It's probably more complicated than that. Both horizontal and vertical scrolling work perfectly (and automatically) for me in both Opera and OpenOffice.org. But I'm not using Windows. So it's obviously not just the fault of the software. The problem must come from a combination of driver, operating system and software.

I agree, though, that if OpenOffice.org can help the situation, they should.

Another thing I use often is cutting and fitting pictures in a text document. I can do well with M$'s way of dragging an angle-shaped corner with my mouse to cut a picture. OO offers a menue where I can cut by numbers/ values which seems rather clumsy.

I think you are talking about cropping. I agree that OpenOffice.org's way of cropping is clumsy. I normally crop in a graphics program before pasting the graphics. When using Windows, I like XnView (www.xnview.com), which makes simple editing of graphics easy. Many others prefer Irfanview.

Adrian