** Reply to message from Frank Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sat, 1 Sep
2007 10:31:52 -0600

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:12:19 +0300
> "Stan Goodman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > And sure enough, in SuSE Linux, clicking on the
> > OOo desktop icon brings up a menu through which one chooses the behavior
> > (Write, Calc, etc.) desired at the moment. Evidently those who ported the
> > suite
> > to various OSes had their own preferences.
>
> Actually, you can load the various "aspects" of OpenOffice on Linux from the
> commandline.
>
> For example:
>
> ooffice -calc
>
> brings up the spreadsheet.

But I was trying to explain why OOo behaves as it does on his Mac.

> I don't think that Mac machines have a commandline, though, do they?  (I
> haven't seen a Mac since about 1984, myself.)  Perhaps there is a way to
> create
> a desktop launcher that will send "ooffice -calc" instead of just "ooffice"?

How can a Unix-descended OS not have a command line? The question is sincere;
where I am, Macs are very thin on the ground, and I have never seen one.

> --

Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on
Israel

1975 Home-brew with ASM-80
1978 CP/M
1981 MS-DOS
1987 Quarterdeck
1992 OS/2 - eComStation
2007 LINUX openSuSE

Thirty-two years (and counting) of happy, Windows-free computing