Jack wrote:

> OpenOffice.org will fit on one CD at least six times.

That depends upon what the CD includes.

If all you are talking about is a binary for a single operating
system, then maybe.  However that would probably also be an LGPL
violation.

It would be far smarter would be to include the Linux, Windows, Mac,
Solaris binaries, and source code on the CD.  The X-11 framework for
Mac (or whatever is needed) and the Java Runtime Library for each OS
should also be included on the CD.

There is also language packs, dictionaries, grammar checkers, macros,
templates, clip art, fonts, and other things that are not included in
the official OOo builds, that users find useful.  This third party
material can easily use two 4.4 GB DVDs
( I just archived the OOo addons I use.  I required three 4.4 GB DVDs.)

xan

jonathon