I have a spreadsheet I have been using as a quick-and-dirty database, but it's starting to get to big and out of hand. I want to move to OO Base (when I started this I only had OO 1.x, no Base).

The spreadsheet has 6-8 columns, and the database only needs ONE table, with a field for each column of the spreadsheet. One spreadsheet row maps directly to one table row. There is no single Key field, access will be with 2-column or 3-column "keys".

So ... HOW do I migrate the data? There is far too much data to consider re-entering everything, has to be an automated process.

Doesn't even have to be a relational DB, since there is only one table. A flat-file DB would do, but I can't find one (for Linux Fedora 6/7), and I'm using OO for other stuff so it makes sense to use it here too.

Jim Hartley
--
Teen Angel - a ghost story - http://teenangel.netfirms.com