Open office can be installed on as many machines as you like as it is part of the GNU license group. Read the information available on their home page www.OpenOffice.org. For portability you might also look into www.PortableApps.com. Note though that it seems not to work if installed to any drive letter other than E on a PC. For the Mac I do not know what the procedure may be. If you want to know more about my findings they are on the General Discussion Forum with the title "POS 1.0 installation trouble on M$Win2k."

James

Leonard Wheeler wrote:
I run OOo on my iMac [love it] but when I travel I miss my computer. I recently purchased a MacBook to use while traveling. Is it permissible to put OOo on both machines? If so should I download the software to the MacBood or transfer it from the iMac?

Thank you,

Leonard Wheeler