NoOp wrote:
On 09/18/2007 06:09 PM, Keith Bates wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:53:25 -0700
NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now on the other hand, we can :-) as we are as free as beer (where did
that saying come from anyway?), unless of course we are the one whos
"shout" it is at the moment :-)

Gary

The expression is "free as in beer" not "as free as beer." It is sued
to contrast the type of freedom that you have when somebody gives you
something for free (as in beer or software) as opposed to the freedom
or liberty to do what you like with the software like in free speech.

The expression is not to imply that you can get beer is known for its
zero price.

Ah... well I used to drink expensive scotch in large quantities until I
got too old for it. Now I just stick to semi-expensive red wine :-)
I can't even touch that. I used to drink 25yr old Single Malt Skotch, and as far as beer it was Guiness most of the time. I used to get specialty beers like Black & Tan, and take pictures of them, before inhaling them. Those days are gone now for ever (very long forgone sigh).
Thanks for the info.