[CC'd user]

"i.murray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> when trying to use email icon a msg tells me system unable to find working
> email configuration   how do i fix?

More information would be helpful! However, it seems you are using Windows
and Outlook Express.

What is the exact error message? Exactly what procedures are you doing, and
when does the error appear?

For example, I'm using OOo 2.3, OE on Win XP.

I do this:

1) Open a new Writer document and type some stuff.
2) I don't save the document, but simply click the e-mail icon in the
toolbar.
3) That opens up a new OE compose window with "noname.odt" as an attachment.
4) E-mail is successfully sent; no error messages.

However, if I do steps 1-3 but cancel the OE compose window instead of
sending, I get this error:

"OpenOffice.org was unable to find a working e-mail configuration. Please
save this document locally instead and attach it from within your e-mail
client."

(Same results if I do save the Writer document in step 2.)

--
Bob Long

at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FAQ, userguide, etc: http://documentation.openoffice.org/