OpenOffice - Loading

Using the WindowsXP Operating system I have downloaded 2 versions of what was
listed as version 2.3 from my ISP Telstra Australia. The download files were:-

OOo_2.3.0_Win32Intel_inst_en-US.exe (108480 Kb)

Ooo_2.3.0_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en_US.exe (121688 Kb downloaded 23.09.2007)

Execution of these .exe files resulted in the establishment of a Folder
designated OpenOffice.org2.3 in the Program Folder. The first download produced
a Folder system which appeared to be deficient-could not even locate a .exe
file, and lead to the second download (maybe I had been a bit premature!). The
second download produced a Folder , again OpenOffice.org2.3, containing a large
number of folders (506 and 3697 files) including one designated 'program' ,
however, there is no reference to OpenOffice under 'All Programs' or on the
Desktop.

The Folder 'Program' under OpenOffice.org2.3 contains some 9 primary folders
and a number of .exe files including quickstart.exe, senddoc.exe,
setofficelang.exe, shortcuttosbase.exe, shortcuttosoffice.exe, simpress.exe,
smath.exe, soffice.exe, swriter.exe, uno.exe, unopkg,exe. I took a punt and
placed a shortcut to quickstart.exe on the desktop and this in turn gave me an
Icon in the startup section of the Taskbar. I can access OpenOffice from this
Icon.

As this appears to be rather a circuitous route to gain access to the program
and one that I do not think you would normally utilize, I would appreciate your
advice as to how I could redress the situation! Many thanks for any assistance

John McGlinn