On 10/04/2007 05:07 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> NoOp wrote:

>> I have an 8535 line / 6 column calc spreadsheet open (that started out
>> as an MS xls) and I'm showing (via task manager):
>>
>> - idle = 0-2% cpu
>> - mouse wheel scrolling as fast as I can = 30-41% cpu
>> - 600 line sum calculation = 6%cpu
>>
>> This is on a 2.4Ghz 256Mb WindowsXPPro system using OOo 2.3.
>>
>> Note: this spreadsheet has no macros. If your spreadsheet has macros in
>> it perhaps that is the problem?
>>
>> Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.
>>

> But if you shutdown OOo, kill the quick starter, and reboot, CPU usage
> is normal again. yes? I have seen this a few times on Linux.

If you are replying to me; with the possible exception of the mouse
wheel scroll, my cpu usage is normal as indicated above. After mouse
scroll and/or 600 line sum calculation my cpu drops back down to around
0-2% & that's with quickstarter. In other words, I've not managed to get
the cpu up to 100% as indicated by the OP, even after 20 minutes or
more. So perhaps he has some macros running in his spreadsheet that are
consuming the cpu?