NoOp wrote:
On 09/30/2007 06:10 PM, Dennis Bolay wrote:
I am using version 2.3.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :

Within approximately 10 minutes of opening a new Calc spreadsheet, Calc causes my computer's CPU to max out at 100%, freezes Calc operations, and displays Not Responding.

I can open Windows Task Manager and view the activity. No other programs other than Windows Task Manager are running.

I am using OpenOffice 2.3.0 on a Toshiba 1905-S301 laptop. RAM is 256. Hard drive is 30 GB. OS is Windows XP. No other OS exists on the hard drive.

I have an 8535 line / 6 column calc spreadsheet open (that started out
as an MS xls) and I'm showing (via task manager):

- idle = 0-2% cpu
- mouse wheel scrolling as fast as I can = 30-41% cpu
- 600 line sum calculation = 6%cpu

This is on a 2.4Ghz 256Mb WindowsXPPro system using OOo 2.3.

Note: this spreadsheet has no macros. If your spreadsheet has macros in
it perhaps that is the problem?

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.

But if you shutdown OOo, kill the quick starter, and reboot, CPU usage is normal again. yes? I have seen this a few times on Linux.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm