I have a dual-boot system too, Linux and XP, with OpenOffice installed in each. What I do is transfer files to a USB flash drive -- you can get those for very little on eBay. Then each OS can read it, treating the flash drive as an external drive, and you can drag and drop a document wherever you want it within each.

-- Doug M.

James Knott wrote:
Bob Macpherson wrote:
Folks,

Does anyone know of any problems installing Open Office on a machine with 2
operating systems. That is, installing Open Office on each of the operating
systems?

I have Linux and XP on my notebook computer, with OpenOffice on both.  I
moved "My Documents" to it's own FAT32 partition, so that the documents
can be shared between both operating systems.  Generally, it's easier to
install Windows first and then resize the partitions, before installing
Linux.