dougM wrote:

> James Knott wrote:
>> dougM wrote:
>>
>>> I have a dual-boot system too, Linux and XP, with OpenOffice installed
>>> in each.  What I do is transfer files to a USB flash drive -- you can
>>> get those for very little on eBay.  Then each OS can read it, treating
>>> the flash drive as an external drive, and you can drag and drop a
>>> document wherever you want it within each.
>>>

>> Why not just use the FAT32 partition?  It's easy to do and you won't
>> forget to copy to the flash.
>>
> I don't know how to do that, James.  Can you refer me to some
> instructions?  Thanks.

Creating the FAT32 partition is quite easy and you can do it either
during the install or after shrinking the Windows partition and creating
the partition in Windows.  I hope that's what you were asking about, as
if you want to know about moving the "My Documents" folder, I'll have to
boot my ThinkPad into Windows.  Do you have any means of shrinking an
NTFS partition?  There are a few utilities, both open source and
commercial for doing that.