On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:22:25 EDT
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have downloaded your program upon the advice of a friend to  assist me in
> burning a new disks, is this not so? If not what may I expect from  this that
> will help me become a better programer?

OpenOffice.org is a suite of office application programs -- word processor,
database, spreadsheet, and so on.  It does something roughly comparable to
Microsoft Office.

If you wish to become a better programmer, you are in the wrong place.
Depending on what languages you are interested in (C, Perl, Ruby, BASIC, etc)
there are many mailing lists, newsgroups and websites with huge amounts of
information and discussion available.  I would be pleased to direct you to some
resources if you give me a better idea of the type of programming you are
interested in doing.