[CC:d to user]

"Bodo Panitzki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I intended to install open office on a USB-stick. No chance - the install
> programm does not give me the option to use the removable device.
> Installation always in partition c:\ of my PC. How can I change that ? I
> donĀ“t want programms on my system-partition .
> Anybody has an answer ?

Someone has already mentioned that this has already been done by the people
at  www.portableapps.com (although the latest version 2.3 of OOo is not
there just yet).

But to answer what I think is another part of your question, yes, you can
specify where OOo is installed by clicking on the "Custom" (or "Advanced" -
I can't remember which) button. That will let you chose the path in which to
install. However, as far as I understand it, simply installing to a path on
a USB stick will not be sufficient to allow OOo to run from that USB stick
in another PC.

--
Bob Long

[EMAIL PROTECTED]