mat1500 wrote:
How can I modify this formula =sumif(b5:d5;"<0";(b5:d5) so that if b5+c5+d5 is
a negative number I will get (what I want) the actual negative sum and not just the sum of
the negative numbers?  B5 is a positive number.  I am registered and I still have been
unable to get an answer to any of my questions.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Ralph

It's not clear to me specifically what you are looking for in the result. I don't quite understand the difference between "the actual negative sum" and "the sum of the negative numbers". Maybe if you including some actual numerical examples, I and others could help you figure out what formula would do what you're after.