Joseph,

  What font are you using? When you say it looks fuzzy, do you mean when it's
printed, or when it's on the screen? If it's printed, you may want to check
your printer properties and check black or grayscale, instead of color.
Otherwise, it may be a failing printhead.

JOSEPH PETRAGLIA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  To Whom It May Concern

I recently downloaded OpenOffice 2.3 and then loaded Mac X11 into
Utilities and after all the installs I commenced to use OpenOffice
data base and writer and the font is fuzzy in appearance with some
faint colors. The font is not a crisp black color. The program also
hangs up.

Someone at work had recommended that I uninstall OpenOffice and
download OpenOffice again. I did that and the same results.

My computer is a Mac Mini OS X, 10.4.10, Tiger, Processor 1.5 GHz
PowerPC G4, Memory 512 MB DDR SDRAM.

Thanks
Joe