2007/10/20, Colin Heafield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am using Open Office 2.0.2. and don't appear to have French in the
> language modules. Is it possible to download French so that I am able to
> type and then spell check the document?
>
> many thanks
>
> Colin Heafield

Hello Colin,

Please do not hijack an existing thread. If you have a question, send
a message to users instead of replying to another mail. Otherwise you
mess up the existing thread, and your question gets lost somewhere in
it.

There is a French users list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you use Windows (or Linux?), you can download a language pack from
www.openoffice.org that changes the GUI language of OpenOffice.org
(e.g. all commands and help in French).

If you only want to use dictionary, thesaurus etc. in different
languages (but continue to work with interface in English), you can
install the appropriate dictionaries (see File > Assistants > Install
dict that runs the DicOOo macro - remember to lower the macro guard)

See:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Fr.openoffice.org/FAQ/Generale/101#Comment_installer_le_dictionnaire_fran.C3.A7ais_.3F

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger