OKAY, so here goes. I am attempting to print a document as a brochure in Writer. Every time I try, though the pages are /usually /in the right order, the margins are not maintained, causing me to lose part of the text off the page. I have attempted to manually set margins, use mirrored margins, use ooo's "brochure" selection in print options, not use the "brochure" but use my printer's equivalent, etc etc. I tried saving as a new document and making my page size 5.5 x 8.5 (half size) and print that way also. I used the "help" section on "Printing a Brochure" step by step exactly and that did not work. I tried making sure my printer's heads were aligned. I honestly DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is causing this not to work. I have wasted approximately 50 sheets of paper trying every setting in the universe to get this to work. (and I've only been printing pages 1-4 until I get it to work. I have used my printer's print preview feature many times and canceled the print too.)

I am running Windows XP, OpenOffice.org 2.3, and I have an HP Deskjet D1420 printer. I have tried updating the drivers for my printer. This document was originally imported from a Rich Text Format file, but saved as an open document (ooo) file. This document has headings, footers, footnotes, I have added character styles (as font colors for quotes mostly), paragraph styles, etc. I attempted to save a new document back as RTF in hopes that I could see if it would work in publisher, but it didn't convert correctly and the margins/layout was not right, even when opened back up in ooo. At least my original looks right on the screen before I try to print. I tried printing/editing through the page preview/print page view (as booklet) format but that didn't work either. ONE time the alignment looked right using this print page view function in my printer's print preview, HOWEVER the page order was wrong. FOR SOME REASON I am not allowed to select "brochure" in the print menu when using the print page view, and the page view does not have a "brochure" layout option (which doesn't seem to make sense since 'booklet' only shows page one on it's own line. It should show page 4 and 1 together, then 2 and 3, etc. Do you see what I mean?) Can anyone help me? PLEASE!?????

(okay I think I will go hyperventilate and pass out now j/k)

Sincerely,
Stephanie Boulée