Eric Trichet wrote:
/I am using version 2.3 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :

I cannot create a read only document protected from being modified if shared with others.
I was very surprised that such a function was never included in OO.

Nonetheless, I can create a password to protect a read only document
(and a normal one too).
The idea is to use the read only function to protect the document and
share it with others, but the read only documents are not protected and
can be modified by another person.
//As for .odt documents, I can convert them to pdf files. However my
concern is to create slides. The pdf file would therefore not be
convenient as all the effects would be lost.

It could be that I cannot find the placement of this function. Is it
possible to protect a document from being modified in the 2.3 OO version?

If not, could it be possible to add such a function in a newer version?

Yours Faithfully,

éric trichet/

Hi éric

I suppose what you are asking about is the ability in MS Office to set two levels of security, the first lets you control who can actually read the document. If you stop there anyone that can read it can modify it. Then MS Office supports a modify password. Using this then you can not only limit who can read the file, but who can modify it. ie. Controlled Read-Only files enforced by the office suite.

The question you are asking is then - how to do the same in OpenOffice.org. I have no idea on that, maybe others have an answer for that question.

Drew