On Thursday 25 October 2007 08:32:25 Joe Grech wrote:
> I heartily agree with what has been said before that since OOo is
> free it SHOULD be distributed free.  It is a shame  making a
> profit of something which was given to you for free.

What is it with you people?

Unedited copy from the GPL and LGPL

<start>

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom of use,
not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure
that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software
(and charge for this service if you wish); that you receive source
code or can get it if you want it; that you can change the software
and use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you are
informed that you can do these things.

<end>

The authors of the license and the authors of the code placed under
the license do not agree with you.

People can do whatever they want with the software as long as they
don't restrict others from the same right. This will never be
changed. It is one of the primary reasons the license was written
and is used by authors of their own code.

--
http://24.197.142.167/~jack/openofficefaq.php Read the
OpenOffice.org FAQ