--- James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't have a problem with people selling OO.  I
> fully support those
> who sell it on a CD, for those users who want it
> that way.  However, it
> bothers me that some charge only for a download
> link, which buys the
> user nothing.  I also object to them saying support
> is included and
> pointing the user to this list for their "paid"
> support.  If they're
> charging someone for support via this list, I want
> my share!
> It all boils down to the difference between legal
> and ethical behaviour.

I think RMS or someone put it as "Free" as in "Free
speech", not as in "Free beer".  Caveat emptor
applies, if someone answers a spam email for an
"Office software" package and pays for a link to OO.o
site to download OO.o, they will be more careful about
spam the next time.

I suppose I could write a manual for OO.o and offer a
link to the site plus an attachment of the manual and
not feel bad about doing it, but at least I would have
given the customer something for his money.

Colin.