NoOp wrote:
On 10/23/2007 06:21 PM, Gregory Orange wrote:
I don't want to rain on OOo's parade, but Inkscape might be better suited to replacing Visio. Its licence is similar (if not the same) as OpenOffice's so you're fine to use that too.
http://www.inkscape.org/
At the very least you now know about it if you wish to try an alternative.

Hate to rain on Inkscape's parade, but Dia is (IMO) considerably better
and more "Visio" like than Inkscape or kivio (recommended on the
inkscape site (http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kivio/).

Further, stencils for Kivio must be purchased, whereas Dia includes a
huge set of stencils that ranged from AADL to UML. As Alan pointed out:

Neat. Well horses for courses I guess. I'm glad there's more than one real option out there, and one day I may get around to trying out Dia. Meanwhile, I think both OOo and Inkscape can handle the rain (:

Cheers,
Greg.