Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 30/10/2007, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
gino p wrote:
If i have  Microsoft office 2003 already installed on my computer...what  the
open offoce will do if i download it.....should or i should not  download
it..thanks

You can have both Microsoft Office and OpenOffice on the same computer,
as I do at work.  There's only one thing you have to watch for.  When
you install OpenOffice, you'll be given the option of making it the
default app for Microsoft Office files.  This is a personal choice,
which can be changed later.

Additionally, you may want to configure Open Office to save in the MS
Office file formats. While they are obviously not ideal, it is the
only reliable way to share documents between Open Office and MS
Office. This is especially important if you share documents with
people who do not use Open Office.

There is also the Sun ODF plugin, which can be used to work with ISO standard ODF documents in Microsoft Office.
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/