Step one: stop mucking around with Outlook Express and get a REAL mail client (Thunderbird, Mozilla Seamonkey, even Netscape fer cripes sake!).

Jim Hartley

John C. Stevens wrote:
Dear support,
  I am using OpenOffice 2.0, installed by a repair shop. Problem: Whenever I receive a
.pdf attachment [as to an Outlook Express email], I click on 'open' & instead of a
download, I get a screen of MANY menu options, such as OpenOffice   1.0,& NONE of
which is OpenOffice 2.0, nor any obvious connection for .pdf.  When I tried downloading
OpenOffice 2.3, the 'clock' indicated about 10 hours to do! I cancelled...
  Can you please help me?
  Thank you, John C. Stevens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--