On 31/10/2007 00:17, Joe Smith wrote:

<snip>
You may also want to consider that the newer convention is to use only one space. I stopped using two spaces some time ago, but that's a style decision that's not universal

I've only ever used 1 space at the end of a sentence in 30+ years of typing text into computers. Two spaces was (were?) always an error and, if I spotted it in time, changed. I'm so used to it that I completely misread the OP's problem; he said he wanted to convert 1 space to 2 at the end of a sentence; I "read" that as wanting to convert 2 spaces to 1. You see what you expect to see :-(

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England