On Nov 11, 2007, at 7:18, Datatude wrote:

And if you're not familiar with the X11 environment but are familiar with Macs, you may have some serious issues using OOo in X11. For instance, keystroke combos use Ctrl instead of Cmd, and you will not be able to copy/paste text between OOo and other applications that run outside of the X11 "shell" (or whatever it is).

So you also have two other choices:

try the early release (it's only an Alpha, so be careful, but I can say I use it myself without too much trouble) of OOo for Aqua (available from the Download pages), or download and try NeoOffice 2.2, which has been in release for a good while now and does run as an Aqua application.

In my experience, trying to be productive with an application that runs in X11 on a Mac is nearly impossible, most especially because of the copy-paste issues, the non-Mac file dialogs, and the keystroke confusions.

kazar

You will be able to copy/paste between OOo and other applications that run outside the X11 window manager. Control +"c" and use the Cmd + "v" in the Mac application. Works fine. I just checked under Leopard. It worked fine under 10.3 and 10.4 as well.

Ross Bernheim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]