On Nov 15, 2007 11:19 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to install windows 2.3 on my computer, which has Windows Vista.
> The problem is that I tried twice, and the dialog box never asked me where
> to put the download; it disappeared and it's as if I never downloaded
> anything.
>
> Dan
>
> Dan,
On my Windows XP system with Internet Explorer 6.x when I download a file  a
dialog box is displayed.  When downloading a large file it  is displayed for
a while. There is a check box on the dialog box labeled "Close this dialog
box when download completes."

If you have that same dialog box with the check box then:
- download OpenOffice again
- while the file is downloading make sure the check box *is not* checked
- when the download completes the dialog box will remain on your screen
- click the "Open" button when the download completes and that will start
the installation of OpenOffice

No need to know where its been downloaded to. Though of course it is always
better to know where things are getting stored on your computer. Note that
the dialog box, above the buttons, will also have a "Downloaded to:" line.
You may be able to tell where the file was downloaded to from that line. I
say "may" because the line is rather short and destinations that are longer
than the line are truncated with an ellipsis. Not the best design solution
in my opinion but that's the way it is.