James Knott wrote:
> Larry Gusaas wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, note the sig on my email.  These icons are available on the OO
>>> site and can be added to email, web sites etc.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Use OpenOffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org>
>>
>> Using images in signatures greatly increase the message size, as does
>> the use of HTML for simple messages like this one. This is a big
>> consideration for people using dial-up who pay for every kb
>> images. Unfortunately, this one doesn't.
>>
> I don't use HTML on most lists, but I thought I'd let it through on this
> one, to show that picture, which comes from a server and is not actually
> part of the message.  The entire sig is 206 characters.  If I disable
> HTML, it appears as a single line, as shown in your post.
> Regardless, my email displays one or the other to everyone I send to, so
> it helps spread the work about OpenOffice.
>

> --
> Use OpenOffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org>

 The Signature and the image are good, but for some people you need to
spell it out.  Again, I'm not cracking on people's intelligence.  I'm
just saying that some are a little too literal (ie if you say that
Openoffice works with Windows Vista, somebody will come along and ask if
it works with Windows Vista Personal/Business/etc edition).

--
The NCP Revue (http://www.ncprevue.com)
Looking at the sad, sorry state of child support.