Sheri,

My guess is that something else is going on as I run MS Explorer 7 also and
have had no problem opening any of my OO files (I am on 2.3 and since it is
easy to download and has new features, I'm not sure why you would not
download the more recent release).  Explorer 7 should have no effect on your
operating system and there should be no connection with your not being able
to open your OO files and the installation of Explorer 7.

Try looking for some other event.

Best wishes,
Steve