Sheri Evans wrote:
> Dave, thank you very much.
>
> We have had Open Office for a couple of years, but recently upgraded
Internet Explore to 7.  After that, we could no longer open our Open
Office files, they are there, but a filter comes up and none of those
work (i.e. clicking on Microsoft Word 95 or97, etc.).  Do I need to
download a newer version of Open Office?

It sounds like IE 7 messed up your file associations.  Try these
instructions, to see if things work properly.

Right click on file icon
Select Open With > Choose Program...
Check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and
choose the desired application.
If that method is not available, follow the directions listed here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859