2007/11/26, jonathon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Bruce wrote:
>
> > Manfred J. Krause pointed out that one newsgroup archiving site works
> the way you describe, and perhaps that's standard for such sites.
>
> UseNet clients thread by "Reply-To" and "Reference" headers.
> _Good_ email clients thread by  "Reply-To" and "Reference" headers.
>
> Email clients created by Microsoft, and those who like emulating
> Microsoft's "Break all standards  because standards are an extremely
> bad thing that are to be avoided at any and all costs" will ignore
> "Reply-to" and "Reference" headers for threading.
>
> xan
>
> jonathon

Both top-posting and bottom-posting are applicable standards,  each with its
own advantages and ( pace, Dotan) disadvantages. The point is that once one
has been chosen, it should be followed to avoid confusion and a discussion
which could better be devoted to more substantive matters. My understanding
is that this list-serv has been using bottom-posting since its inception ;
surely continuing to do so would not severely inconvenience any posters ?...

Henri