Steven Arts wrote:
Dear Gentlemen:
    I need technical assistance for OpenOffice.org
2.0.  If you can't help me, please forward this to
whoever can.
    I have two discs that I can't get into.  On one
disc it comes up with a Filter Selection box, and in
the other I get a small box that says the file is
corrupt and should it be repaired.  But I cannot get
into the text on either one.  This is extremely
frustrating.  I'm a writer, working on a novel.  This
is for a Compaq pc computer.  Can you direct this to
someone who can help me?

You say 2 discs.  Are you referring to floppies or CD's?  If so, it could be the disk is defective.  What happens if you try to copy the files to your hard drive and open them their?

Please respond only to the mail list (users@openoffice.org) and not directly to me.

--
 Use OpenOffice.org