----- Original Message ----- From: "ccornell - OpenOffice.org" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [users] PowerPoint.ppt

This morning I forward as you suggested the presentation with 20 slides (4,55 mb) to someone who directly returned my 10 slides (11,6 mb). Result: those 20 slides were not returned. Why are 20 slides only 4,55 mb and 10 slides 11,6 mb, while the contents is equivalent. Has Open Office a possibility to compress the presentation before e-mailing it.
 Moreover the presentation sent via a free server did not help.

The fact that a 4.55 MB attachment made it through, but not 11.6 indicates a mailbox size issue. As for the size of the files, that may depend on the image type that's saved. OpenOffice can use any of several different image file types. OpenOffice files are, by default, zipped, so they are compressed. However many image file types are already compressed and cannot be compressed further. Also, as I mentioned in another note, you appeared to have sent the file again, rather than just the link to the file. The point of using a server was that instead of sending the file directly, you simply tell the recipient where the file can be found and they then download it directly, without going through email.

There is an OpenOffice.org extension that is being developed that might be helpful in situations like this. It is called Presentation Minimizer. It is not ready just yet, but watch the Extensions site here: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ When it is released (I don't know any fixed date), you will find the installation info and download links on the Extensions site.

Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany