On Nov 28, 2007 3:11 AM, Kristin ------ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a user using open office version 2.3....
>
> Whenever I do the necessary steps to start page numbering over in the
> middle of a document it adds an extra page that I don't want and that I
> can't delete.
>
> Help
>
> Kristin Rozzell
> Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.Download today it's
> FREE!
>
> http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007

The "problem" (which actually is a feature) is that a page 1 has to be a
right page, so, if the last page before you restart the numbering is a right
page (odd number) OOo automatically adds a left page (even number). For
example if you try to restart numbering after page 55(right) OOo
automatically inserts page 56 (left) and then restarts the numbering on a
right page.
Take any book you may have around you and you will notice that this is a
strict typographic rule (...well... at least so I was told :-) )

If you find this annoying (and many do) you could file a request for
enhancement at qa.openoffice.org

Cheers,

Michele