----- Original Message ----- From: "gmd01a" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Problem

Hi,
 I reinstalled the WinXP version WITH the JRE from
the website. It did the exact same thing, and as you
said, it asked to recover a file on loadup. It did
just kick me to the desktop without warning. When I
went to Wizards then Letters it did it again, after
this installation. That is with the JRE supposedly. I
checked the folders and there seems to be plenty of
Java files, etc... there. I have Java 6 update 2 and 3
indicated in my Add/delete programs. So I had Java
installed last time. But the icons don't show when I
load the Writer.
  It seems to be the Wizards section, the buttons on
the toolbars seem to work, and the other pulldown
menus, although I have not checked all of them. The
FAX wizard kicked me also. Web Page kicked me too. So
some of the Wizards work, some don't.
  When I click to Draw from START menu, it went into
Writer. When I did finally get in to DRAW, when I
resize a picture and click on the picture, I get
kicked also.
So this is with Java installed, and the JRE version.
 So like I said, unreliable. AT LEAST FOR ME.
  Any Suggestions???
Steve