On 4 Dec 2007 at 6:01, Richard Detwiler wrote:

> Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:28:29 -0800
> > NoOp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> Plus
> >> it's just irritating to have to do so rather than have OOo automatically
> >> default to the Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org|Paths|MyDocuments path.
> >>
> > Why?  It makes sense to me to return to where you left it the last time.
> > If you
> > want to go "home" click on the house.
>
> I agree; I would much rather have it default to where I left it last
> time, than to default to my "default" directory, and then have to
> navigate to the folder that the document is already in. And clicking on
> the house icon is a real quick way of getting to the default directory,
> if that is desired.

There's another option possible - keep a list of recently-used
directories with quick navigation between. That would help those who
frequently move between projects, which necessitates frequent lengthy
navigation with either of the above suggestions.

(I've a couple of other killer apps under XP - each time they start,
they leave you in the depths of the windows system folder heirarchy.
Yuk! I don't use them often.......)

--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key