On 5 Dec 2007 at 11:51, Colin Sharpe wrote:
> OO.o allows you to choose the directory in which you
> want to save a file when you do your first "Save as"
> on a new document.  This is a nice feature, since it
> would allow you to create sub directories with names
> like "Work_docs", "Personal_docs" etc. under your home
> directory to sort out your files.  Look at the icons
> in the top right of the "Save as" window to navigate.

I know, but that's missing the point.

Suppose I'm working on, say, two different projects, with directory
trees like, say for the sake of argument,
/proj/p1/pub/current/mike/doc
and
/proj/p2/admin/doc/mike/in-progress

Now, if I've been working on p1, say, and switch to p2 to make a new
document (or open one dropped off the MRU files list), then there's
obviously a lot of navigating to do, whether this be from my home
directory (eg /home/mike) or the other project. Likewise when switching
back to p1.

OTOH if OOo remembered recent directories, life would be just a bit
quicker. That's all.
--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key