Hi all

I have run into an oddity which I think may be a bug in 2.3 and 2.3.1

I happened to type a sentence in Writer containing a word in smart quotes which chanced to land near the end of the line, followed by an explanation in brackets afterward. If I just put a space after the closing quote, the line wrapped _before_ the word in quotes. I found I had to put a tab in to make wrapping occur after the quotes and before the bracket.

This was with 2.3 on linux, and I tried it with 2.3.1 on both linux and windows.

The phrase used was :
with cellulitis of the leg. The admission notes refer to a background of “CCF” (congestive cardiac failure)

If the font (I was using Palatino Linotype 12 pt, but it happened also with Times New Roman 14 pt) is scaled so the "CCF" is at the end of the line, then "CCF" will be forced to the second line unless a tab is inserted after it and before the (.

If someone else could confirm that it is not just a vagary of my system, I'll raise a bug report.

Thanks

Russell