At 16:15 07/12/2007 -0700, Carolyn Stoffel wrote:
The other day I found all messages from one list in my spam folder. Today another list is doing the same thing.

I contacted basicISP.net to ask about it. Their response was to ask list owners for a list of email addresses they could added to the "white list".

This is a spammers' charter, of course. If I were a spammer, all I'd have to do would be to subscribe my address to a few mailing lists and then make no posts but wait for my address to be added to ISPs' white lists. Then I could send spam to individuals, confident that it would pass through the spam filters of any ISPs that behaved like this. But I'm not a spammer, of course.

No, I won't do that, but I would like a count (approximate).

In September, "Paul" reported C P Hennessy as saying that there were 2481 addresses subscribed to the Users list. See:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=160605 .

Brian Barker