At 20:28 21/12/2007 -0500, Pat Brown wrote:
I'm wondering if the emails I'm sending are getting onto the list. Three or four times I've asked about something - the last time was about the Style update and not once have I ever received an answer, so I have to wonder if anyone is seeing my emails.

There are two problems here. One is that you are using gmail, and I believe that this suppresses copies of your own messages from lists - so you will not see them. You will see replies, of course, but only if there have been any.

The other problem is that you are using two e-mail addresses, only one of which is subscribed to the list. If you write from the unsubscribed address, your messages wait for moderation before they are posted to the list. This may take some days, so you may not see any action until after this time. In particular, I believe that the last arrival of moderated messages was now five days ago: perhaps some of your requests are still waiting.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker