<snip>

But now I realize that it may be possible to use find & replace to
> find the next character that is EITHER a paragraph delimiter OR a
> space. What regular expression would I use for this?
>
> To cut to the chase here, what I'm trying to do is create a macro that
> will find each URL in turn in a Write document, and change it into a
> hyperlink. My idea is to first find http:// and then either a space or
> a paragraph delimiter. Then enter a space. This, when done manually,
> turns a URL into a hyperlink.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dick

The Regular Expression (RE) I used was ". *$" without the quotes. That's dot
space asterisk dollar. This finds "any character" (the dot), followed by
zero or more (the asterisk) spaces (the space) followed by the end of the
line (the dollar). If you want "one or more" use a plus sign instead of the
asterisk.

But this mechanical replacement process does *not* seem to turn the text
into a hyperlink - this in my OO 2.2 on Win XP Pro. If you find it does
work, please let us know which version of OO and which version of which OS
you are using.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England