At 03:16 22/12/2007 -0800, Dick Moores wrote:
At this point I have a somewhat useful macro (and a key binding) that finds the next http://, then the next $, then deselects the $, and stops. Because 80% of the URLs are at the ends of lines, the cursor will now be at the end of a URL. Pressing the space bar turns that URL into a hyperlink. If I could find a regexp that would find EITHER a space or a $, then I could easily make that macro much more satisfactory.

An unsatisfying workaround here would be just to create two versions of the macro, one for each of space and paragraph break. Since you are making the changes semi-manually, it would be little extra work to run both macros in turn.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker