2008/1/25, Jim & Betty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am having trouble opening emails sent thru Excel.  Would I be able to
> open these if I had OpenOffice?

Hello,

Excel is a spreadsheet program, not a program that handles e-mails (usually
called a mail client: Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook Express).

OpenOffice.org has a spreadsheet component (Calc) that can read, edit and
save MS Excel spreadsheets (unless it's the new xlsx version, that only MS
Office 2007 will open).

OpenOffice.org is free and can be downloaded from www.openoffice.org

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger