Max Kennedy wrote:
I am more than willing to participate in reporting bugs however as a
non-technical user I am wondering if there is something more I can do to
participate in the testing/QA/etc of the program.  If so what would it be, what
degree of time commitment is necessary to be useful and how would one get
started?

Max Kennedy

One place is the documentation. It's easy to contribute. You don't have to have any specialized knowledge other than to be able to write a little in your native language (or any other language you know).

The easiest entry point for the documentation is the OpenOffice.org wiki: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

If you don't have a Wiki ID, register one, and then take a look around at what is there. If there is an area you know a little about, check the FAQ, and any manuals on that topic... if you see anything that can be updated, corrected or that is even missing, you can edit it right there in the Wiki and see the corrections or new information immediately. Also look at the "Want to help?" box for suggestions of areas of the docs that need attention.

C.