On Tuesday 19 February 2008 16:52:45 GR wrote:
> I'm using OO 2.3.0 on OpenSuse Linux 10.3
>
> I've imported a four page Word document. Page one is supposed to be
> portrait, page two is supposed to be landscape, and pages three and four
> are supposed to be portrait.
>
> Page one imports fine as portrait.
>
> Page two (by default) comes in as portrait.
>
> When I change page two's style to landscape, pages three and four also
> switch to landscape.
>
> If I try and change pages three and four to portrait, page two changes
> back to portrait.
>
> I've read the help about changing page styles, and it talks about
> putting in manual page breaks. Fair enough. But if I do this, I end up
> with blank pages in my document. (i.e. my four page document becomes six
> pages)
>
> How can I change one pages style without affecting any other page AND
> without introducing unwanted blank pages ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> GR

    What you need to do is to create a page style for landscape. Click on page
1, and make sure it has the Default page style. (It is portrait.) Click at
the bottom of page one, and insert a Manual break.
Insert > Manual break. Select Page break, and in the Styles dropdown list
select the landscape page style you created. At the bottom of page 2, insert
another Manual break.This time select Default as the next page style.

Dan